Cellist and Teacher
Performer in many genres
- Stage work as actress/comedian/cellist where she performed on an extensive tour and television with comedian Hans Liberg.
- Improvisation in Theatre Kikker in Utrecht with silent film and actors.
- Plays on cds with pop bands such as “the Ministers,” and the singer/songwriter/visual artist Ibo Bakker.
- Member of the KolLev Cello Quartet performing internationally repertoire from baroque to contemporary classical music. www.kollevcelloquartet.nl
- At a young age in the top level finals of several chamber music competitions including the Prinses Christina, Zonnewende and Charles Hennen Concours. She has been coached by Alban Berg Quartett, András Schiff, Colin Carr.
Gelders Orkest and Magogo Chamber Orchestra
- Works with all children and adults at the UCK (Music and Art Centre Utrecht).
- Focusses on children with cognitive and behavioural difficulties, including those in the autistic spectrum.
- Her interest in the Alexander Technique and interdisciplinary performance has lead her to collaborate with teachers from Trinity/Laban and Utrecht School for the Arts in somatic, dance, music performance research projects.
- She recently travelled to London as guest participant at Laban School of Dance in the masters module Synergies and Transformations lead by performance artist-director Simon Vincenzi.
Maaike Peters has a bachelors and masters degree from Utrecht Conservatory, Netherlands and studied three years in Hochschule für Musik in Detmold, Germany with Professor Marcio Carneiro.